Junior Test Analyst
Areas of responsibility may include but are not limited to:
- Designing, developing, and documenting comprehensive testing plans.
- Administering tests on existing software and hardware products to find limitations and faults.
- Detailed comprehensive Test Execution
- Identify Defects/bugs, log and capture defects with accurate, detailed information.
- Defect Triage, validation, severity, priority, and allocation of defects
- Adhering and implementing established quality assurance processes.
- Advocating within the development lifecycle.
- Writing and updating user documentation.
- Identify the gaps/enhancements in the current application under test
- Testing integrity of new products in a networked environment.
- Help identify multiple test approaches utilizing a risk-based methodology or any other methodology applicable.
- Identifies any potential test automation feasibility.
- Participates in test case peer reviews and resolves any action items ready for acceptance.
- Ability to estimate testing effort and develop test reporting.
Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Knowledge of a broad range of software applications and hardware and networks
- Strong development life cycle knowledge
- A good understanding of business
- Ability to think in the abstract and see how small details fit into the bigger picture
- A creative mindset – and the ability to approach a problem creatively
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT skills
- A meticulous approach to work
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of IT systems
- Agile, DevOps, and DevSecOps testing experience beneficial
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate
- Matric (Grade 12) Qualification Certificate