Manual Test Lead
Areas of responsibility may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for leading and directing the QA team.
- Mentoring and onboarding of QA staff.
- Be accountable for QA projects, coach and mentor, and provide leadership to QA staff.
- Participate in interviews, induction, training, and performance reviews.
- Provide leadership and expertise within the field of Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements, including usage of appropriate testing processes, techniques, automation, performance.
- Implementing and maintaining quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Monitoring all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis, and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Gather and consolidate testing metrics and testing activities reporting for the project to key stakeholders.
- Consider the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. Including testing tools for functional and non-functional testing.
- Guide training and continuous learning of QA staff, utilising short courses, conferences, meetups, certifications, etc.
- Facilitate continuous integration between manual and automation testing, utilising appropriate methodologies, processes, tools, and techniques across various platforms.
- Work closely with peers and test managers to ensure key quality indexes are achieved.
Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Experience in managing quality and test deliverables in the project
- Display strong leadership skills with experience in implementing quality processes and strategies.
- Have strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, ideally in a continuous delivery environment.
- Be a custodian of Quality Assurance, driving continuous improvement, and implementing best practices.
- Experience with risk identification and risk management.
- Experience in managing Quality projects, complex activities, and processes.
- Able to recognise good talent and motivate individuals within a team structure.
- Being a mature professional who is self-motivated and enthusiastic about quality.
- Excellent communicator, displaying good influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle conflict effectively.
- Ability to build, implement and direct quality assurance principles and maintain the quality of delivery.
- Analytical and eye for detail.
- Agile, DevOps, and DevSecOps testing experience beneficial