Areas of responsibility may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for leading and directing QA teams.
- Mentoring of Junior QA staff.
- Be accountable for QA projects, coach and mentor, and provide leadership to QA staff.
- Participate in interviews, induction, training and performance reviews.
- Provide leadership and expertise within the field of Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Focus on continuous QA improvements including usage of appropriate testing processes, techniques, automation, performance.
- Building and maintaining quality standards as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Monitoring all the QA activities, test results, leaked defects, root cause analysis and identifying areas of improvement. Implement steps required to improve the processes.
- Gather and consolidating testing metrics and testing activities reporting for the projects to key stakeholders.
- Consider the proper usage of available tools to gain the maximum benefit of the QA effort. This includes testing tools for functional, performance, automation etc.
- Guide training and continuous learning of QA staff, utilizing short courses, conferences, meetups, certifications, etc.
- Facilitate support for manual and automation testing, utilization of appropriate methodologies, processes, tools and techniques across various teams.
- Work closely with peers and team leads to ensure key quality indexes are achieved.
Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Experience in managing quality and test deliverables across multiple projects and industries.
- Display strong leadership skills, with experience in developing and implementing organisational quality processes and strategies.
- Have strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, ideally in a continuous delivery environment.
- Be a custodian of Quality Assurance, driving continuous improvement, and implementing best practices.
- Experience with risk identification and risk management.
- Experience in managing Quality departments or functions with complex activities and processes.
- Able to recognise good talent and motivate individuals within a team structure.
- Being a mature professional who is self-motivated and enthusiastic about quality.
- Excellent communicator, displaying good influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to handle conflict effectively.
- Ability to build, implement and direct quality assurance principles and maintain the quality of delivery.
- Analytical and eye for detail.
- Agile, DevOps and DevSecOps testing experience beneficial.