Case study for Automated regression testing of an insurance policy administration system in the insurance industry
A large personal and business insurance provider
Global test centre
Our client provides personal and business insurance solutions in South Africa and internationally. Its personal insurance products include funeral, life, car, household, legal plan, and building insurance products; and home warranty products, as well as extended car warranty solutions. Our client sought to reduce the regression testing time of their insurance policy capturing systems. The long regression testing cycles delayed deployment to production of updates to the insurance policy administration systems.
DVT's Global Testing centre provided an automated regression testing solution utilising DVT's Selenium based UTA-H automation framework and following an Agile Scrum based approach.
- Automation execution stats:
- - Test Scenarios: 330+ (RSA and Foreign)
- - Execution Time: 6 hours
DVT provided our client with a cost effective approach to ensuring new releases of its policy administration system can be deployed to production faster by replacing the long manual regression testing cycles with short automated regression testing.
- DVT’s UTA-H framework
Benefits of the solution
- Cost effective solution using the UTA-H framework and the GTC’s unique approach.
- Tests are scripted using a permutable approach, speeding up regression growth.
- On-demand execution, including afterhours release runs.
- Daily feedback on project progress and overnight regression.
- Parallel execution across multiple machines in the hub
If you require more information about our services, contact us today.