Inspired Testing executed Automated Regression Testing of an Enterprise Salesforce Application for a premium financial services company in South Africa.
A premium financial services company
Banking & Capital Markets
Automated Software Regression Testing
This premium financial services company was tasked with growing its imprint in emerging markets. Its one-year pilot project, an Enterprise Salesforce Loan Capturing Solution for banks in Zimbabwe and Kenya, was drawing to a close.The pilot included integration with 3rd party banking services.
Inspired Testing was presented with a unique challenge and tight deadline to test 53 products within the client’s Enterprise Salesforce Application.
The Delivery Centre used Selenium and its UTA-H automation framework, together with a Kanban-based Agile approach, to automate each of the 53 products in parallel with the client’s Test Team. The entire test effort for the project was closely monitored and managed in partnership with the client’s management team and Inspired Testing’s competency leads.
- A total of 53 products were tested, with a manual execution time of 2.5 hours each, within a total test cycle of 20 man days.
- Manual Test Execution of 132.5 hours.
- Automated Test Execution of 35 hours.
- Automation Execution returned results 3.8 x faster within the test cycle.
- The project was completed within the deadline.
- No licence costs versus competing Salesforce automation tools.
- Cost-effective regression.
- Rapid response and ramp-up based on tight deadlines.
- Reusable regression scripts that significantly reduce manual regression efforts.
Benefit to the client after implementation
The project was successfully entered in its pre-production phase with banking users in Zimbabwe and Kenya. Inspired Testing continued to provide regression support for all fixes.