Bas Dijkstra – Unit Tests and why we should care about them
Interviews with global leaders in Software Testing
In this interview, Gareth Waterhouse chats with Bas Dijkstra, a software Test Automation expert, consultant, and trainer from the Netherlands with over 14 years of experience in the field. Listen to the interview to hear more about the conversation and the important role software testers play in unit testing. Testing is a skilled craft and there is a lot more to testing than just test automaton.
“Knowing how to code will make it easier for you to contribute, to fix, detect any gaps in your unit test coverage and fill the gaps with additional unit tests, or fixing a failing unit test, makes it a little easier to add value to the team.”
- Bas Dijkstra, Software Test Automation expert, consultant and trainer
- What do you define as a unit test?
- What are some reasons that you feel testers don’t want to get involved in unit testing?
- People who don’t know how to code, how can they contribute to a team’s tests?
- How can testers that are comfortable writing code, get involved in writing unit tests?
- Should they take sole responsibility?
- What are some ways that you feel testers can build bridges with developers and help them understand the value that can be brought?
- What does software testing look like?
- Bas’ website: https://www.ontestautomation.com/
- Connect on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/basdijkstra/