Rex Jones II – How I made the transition from Functional Testing to Automation - Part 1
Part 2 of this interview has been published, please click here to read more.
In this interview, Sastri Munsamy chats with Rex Jones II, an experienced Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer, trainer, YouTuber and Blogger in the US, about his journey in transitioning from being a Functional Tester to an Automation Engineer. Listen to the interview to hear more about the conversation, the challenges and what made Rex decide to make the change.
“My three biggest motivating factors for moving into Automation was curiosity, knowing that more companies were looking for engineers with automation skills and lastly fear. I was fearful of being left behind.”
- Rex Jones II, Experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer, trainer, YouTuber and Blogger.
Watch it here:
- When did you decide to make this transition?
- Where does one start?
- What were your motivating factors around this transition?
- Why did you make this transition?
- Talk us through the process from decision making to execution.
- How did you decide what steps to take?
- Who to take them with and why?
- Where do you see this transition taking you in your future career?
- What would you say are the main advantages of going through this transition
- What were some of the challenges you experienced on this journey
- How did you manage to overcome them?
- LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/rexjones34/
- YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBU_TzaPsDXXeQ3ItUYKaJg/about
- Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/JonesRexII
- GitHub = https://github.com/RexJonesII/Free-Videos
- Twitter https://twitter.com/RexJonesII