A Division of a premium Financial Services Group develops innovative personal life insurance solutions for the South African market. Inspired Testing was tasked with the standardisation of test automation across the entire company’s Oracle Centre of Excellence.
A premium Financial Services Group
Banking and Capital Markets
The premium Financial Services Group offers a comprehensive range of products and services to individuals, businesses, and institutions. It is a diversified financial services group across various segments including insurance, asset management, savings and investments, banking and property. The company’s extensive portfolio allows it to cater to the diverse financial needs of its customers.
A strong presence throughout South Africa, with a widespread network of offices, branches, and financial advisors across the country. This wide reach enables the company to serve a broad customer base and provide personalised financial solutions. They have 18.9 million customers and approximately 64,000 employees.
The company’s Oracle Centre of Excellence approached Inspired Testing for automated regression testing. When considering manual test efforts, regression testing compromises release deadlines and negatively impacts project excellence and productivity. Inspired Testing was tasked with the test automation of the Oracle Software, as well as testing to ensure the company’s systems are still operational.
Inspired Testing used its in-house framework HP UFT to automate across multiple Oracle modules, building on the expertise of automation best practices within Inspired Testing’s QA teams. An Oracle Regression Test Pack was developed by analysing the end-to-end business processes, creating a framework that would easily consume a data sheet. Data rows were then added that could formulate additional scenarios in one click.
- Manual Test Cycle of 10 days.
- Automated Test Execution of 3.5 days.
- Inspired Testing’s reduced time to release by 6.5 days within a test cycle.
- Inspired Testing managed to increase test coverage by 68%, due to easily, implementing iterative testing.
Benefit to the client after implementation
- Automated Test Data generation facility available for Functional Test Team.
- Standardisation of automation practice across the entire organisation.
- Easier automation adoption by industry experts.
- Inspired Testing was tasked with the standardisation of automation across the entire company’s Oracle Centre of Excellence.