Rex Jones II – How I made the transition from Functional Testing to Automation – Part 2
If you missed part 1 of this interview, please click here to read more.
In this second interview, Sastri Munsamy, Executive Head at Inspired Testing for Technology and Innovation continues the conversation with Rex Jones II on what were some of the most important things that helped him on his journey.
Listen to the interview to hear more about the challenges and what made Rex decide to make the change.
“I think the most important thing, is to get an instructor or a mentor that can walk you through the growing pain because lack of knowledge had me doubting certain things.”
“For someone who is a Functional Tester even if they’re not interested in Automation right now or they are nervous, I think the best thing is to at least start being exposed to Automation because more and more companies are wanting people with Automation knowledge.”
- Rex Jones II, Experienced Software Quality Assurance Engineer, trainer, YouTuber and Blogger.
- How did you manage to maintain your motivation and commitment to your journey on the tough days?
- How did you manage to overcome that?
- What would you consider to be some of your highlights?
- How long did this transition take before you were confident enough to call yourself an Automation specialist or automation engineer?
- What are the most important factors to consider if someone could follow in your footsteps.
- Do you have any advice that you can share who wants to take these steps?
- LinkedIn = https://www.linkedin.com/in/rexjones34/
- YouTube = https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBU_TzaPsDXXeQ3ItUYKaJg/about
- Facebook = https://www.facebook.com/JonesRexII
- GitHub = https://github.com/RexJonesII/Free-Videos
- Twitter https://twitter.com/RexJonesII